PAGES

Thursday 29 January 2015

English/Polish Folk Art DIY

Good afternoon everyone!


I have a little DIY to show off today.  I made my very own version of Wycinanki (Polish paper cutting).  Whilst putting together a Folk Art Pinterest board last week I decided to have a go. 

I have always been fond of Polish Folk Art.  The colours are so vibrant and often Wycinanki is symmetrical; I do like a bit of symmetry.   

If you are not familiar with this wonderfully colourful and intricate form of paper cutting - pop over to my Pinterest board and have a nose if you like.  

I cut out quite a few different shaped flowers and leaves last week, playing around with styles and layering.  

I selected what I thought went well and finally got around to finishing my little work of art today.  Here it is, rather crudely  attached to a glassless frame!  

I am hoping to find a nice frame in a charity shop soon, then I can mount it properly. 






My work is a much simpler version of Wycinanki, I haven't the patience to cut out very intricate designs.  This said I am very happy with it and it looks lovely in my corner of the bedroom.  


Want to have a go?  

This is what you'll need:

- coloured card
- scissors/craft knife (depends on what you feel more comfortable using.  I used scissors.)
- glue

Thats it!  


Thanks for popping by.  See you all soon.

Claire x









1 comment:

  1. Polish folk arts is beautiful,charming and sign off freshness.Little kids enjoy it joyfully and feel joyfull and happiness.I also like it to.Polish folk arts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by. It is always lovely to hear your comments, they are read and cherished x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...