PAGES

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Bloomin' tension

Hello all

I have been lusting over numerous photos on Instagram of wonderfully crocheted granny squares!  

I have wanted a granny square blanket for as long as I can remember.  They are so expensive to buy and the ones you find in charity shops are often made with the most hideous colours!  Hence, the donation?!


I thought I'd give it ago.....ummm!  Not as easy as it looks.  I found it so hard to get the tension right, my first couple were very loose and big.



The more I did, the tighter my stitches got, progress!

However, I soon realised that I would need a little more practice and thicker wool before I seriously tackled a blanket.  

I used a cotton yarn, I think, I bought it because I liked the colours!  I didn't really think about how easy or difficult it would be to work with!!

So, I decided to turn my multi sized granny squares into bunting!  Oh yes!  Surprising!



I didn't look up how to make the string bit, I just chained along until I felt it was long enough and then single crocheted along the chain, and sewed the squares to the chain at random intervals.  



I am dead chuffed with how it has turned out.  It is adorning my bed at the moment, but it may make its way to the fireplace in my bedroom once the flat packed furniture that is in front of it is made!!



Thats all for now folks, hope you are staying warm and dry and finding the time to be creative too.

Claire x

PS - Sorry for the dreary photos, but it is very dark and grey here today, and yesterday, and the day before that come to think of it.  I MISS THE SUMMER!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping by. It is always lovely to hear your comments, they are read and cherished x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...