PAGES

Thursday 3 July 2014

Spontaneous summery purchase

I know you won't believe me when I say that Mr J and myself don't get to spend a lot of time together because I'm about to tell you about a pretty purchase I made when Mr J and myself popped out for a day of walking, talking and sitting in a beer garden.

Mr J has just changed jobs and so instead of working 13 days on 1 day off, he now works 12 days on 2 days off.  

Middle B was elsewhere and Big G was at home doing teenagery things.  Mr J and I saw our chance and made a run for it!

We didn't get far, we walked to the high road when my eagle eye spotted a little poster... 


This isn't the actual poster - I am not a hobbit!  This is a postcard sized flyer that I took - I love the 60s vibe it has to it.

..... my feet turned left and before you know it we were upstairs in a lovely pub that used to house the trams that ran up and down Tooting High Street.  It is aptly named The TramShed.  Lovely pub, every once in a while it hosts vintage/handmade markets.  Normally only a handful of stalls, but today there were many.


I was instantly drawn to a stall (oh how I wish I had taken a photo) and in particular this lovely item of Liberties print loveliness....



I picked it up, I stroked it, I placed it over my wrist, I put it back, I went to walk away, but then decided NO!  I must have it, it is so pretty, so unusual, so yellow, so Liberties, so I bought it.


The lady who makes them is also rather lovely too.  


I wanted to share her work with you all - do pop over to her Etsy and Folksy shops.  Equally spend sometime at www.minibuds.co.uk you will see why I couldn't leave without a little something.

Til next time xx


5 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, I discovered this lovely blog post via Instagram (which I don't use much yet). I'm so glad you liked your bracelet and I really enjoyed hearing the story around its purchase. Thank you so much for your very kind words. It was lovely to meet you too! Deborah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should own a piece of your lovely jewellery! X

      Delete
  2. nice to drop on an event like this, pretty bracelet. Good to treat yourself now and again! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by. It is always lovely to hear your comments, they are read and cherished x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...